What we offer that other Breeders do not?
Mares and fillies, when of breeding age, may receive a free breeding to one of OMF’s stallions, on qualified purchases.
Free Transportation and/or a one year prepaid mortality policy, on qualified purchases.
We will credit the Pre-Purchase Exam / Vet check if horse is purchased.
Benefits of purchasing from Old Mill Farm, Inc.
- Experience! We not only have experience in horses, over 35 years combined – plus in-depth experience in 8 disciplines…but also in the Gypsy Vanner and Drum Horse breeds. We started researching in late 2000 – purchasing our first in late 2001.
- We are involved daily in the routine operations of our farm and breeding. Our horses are fed, their stalls cleaned, trained and every aspect of their care is handled personally by us. We know our individual horses and we know them well.
- Traditional stock, that have been selectively bred by Old Mill Farm! We purchased only traditional Gypsy Horse stock, from breeders that have been in the horse breeding business for generations, not years! Our Drum Horses were bred out of actual Drum Horse breeding programs, they are the real deal. We also provide the percentage of breeds for all of our Drum Horses, as recorded by the American Drum Horse Association.
- Registrations. Our horses are registered prior to the sale, so there are no surprises, no additional expense and everything is in order.
- Ethical Breeding Practices. All of our foals are bred from healthy, correct stock. Although we have been given lineage on just about all of our horses, either from the breeder/seller or research, we will not promote it or offer it unless we have DNA to back it up.
- We Breed to maintain or improve quality. Our goal is not to re-invent the Gypsy Horse breed. We breed for temperament, conformation and purpose…color to us, is just a bonus. Although we understand that many people include color as one of their “musts” in purchasing a horse, we do not breed just for color.
- All horses are up to date on all vaccinations, dental work, de-worming, farrier work, etc… All horses sold come with a negative coggins and health papers for travel. Just one less thing to worry about!
- We assist in the transportation of your new horse! Finding a horse transport company can be stressful and a very important decision. Unless you have a select hauler that you would like, we may be able to assist you in transporting your new horse to his new home! Some horses sold, may qualify for free transport.
- We are one of the few American farms that continually test for EVA. (Contact us for more info)
- On select stock, we may offer financing. We will try our hardest to assist you in purchasing your dream horse!
- One of a kind Gypsy and Drum Horses! We do not breed in mass, nor do we import in mass…our horses are individually bred, and only one out any possible crossing is bred yearly. We do not believe in “mass-producing” embryos. Each foal or horse that is sold is unique!
- Preserved Bloodlines. Our stallions either do not stand to the public, or have stood to a limited number of mares. Foals and horses and in general, our bloodlines, bred from Old Mill Farm, are not readily available…and, to date,85% of the people who have bred to our stallions, have chosen to keep their foals for their own breeding program.
- Certain mares or fillies are entiltled to a free Breeding when they are of breeding age!!! Please request details!!
- An unparallel guarantee! If for ANY reason a foal or horse does not work out, at ANY point, we will offer to either purchase the horse back or will assist you in re-selling and marketing it. We stand behind the quality of our stock, regardless of to whom or when it was sold.
- Honesty is our policy. If we do not feel we have a horse that is right for you or if you are not interested in a particular horse, we will not push you toward it. We may be able to direct you to one of our breeder friends, whom we trust and/or have dealt with before personally.
- We welcome questions on any of our horses, please contact us!